How far would you go for love?
Love can take you to places you have never imagined before… We all know it and we saw it happening this weekend when we ran with all our heart all along the coastal road of Aegina’s town for Kapodistrias Run yearly event! With a group of 25 people, a baby in a stroller and a dog (!), people of all ages ranging from 2 to 40 years-old ran the respective routes for toddlers, kids and adults (5 and 10 kilometers)! The routes were wonderful, the organization of the event was absolutely great and we enjoyed a beautiful experience and memories that will stay in our hearts forever… And what’s more? Two ladies from our team won medals and filled us with joy and honor to be part of our team!
We hope that the following pictures and videos can better describe our unforgettable experience both as communication sponsors and as participants…
More about the “Ioannis Kapodistrias” Run
The “Ioannis Kapodistrias” Run is an event – tribute to the first governor of modern Greece who designated Aegina as its first capital.
Aegina honors the memory and contribution of Ioannis Kapodistrias with annual events and celebrations in the context of which the “Ioannis Kapodistrias” Run is organized in the center of the island.
Starting in 2012 only with races for kids, “Ioannis Kapodistrias” Run has since grown to something much bigger! In 2013 it took its current form, with the addition of 5 and 10 km routes, while in 2017 the route got officially certified by the Hellenic Athletics Federation.
Athletes of all ages, volunteers and sponsors believe in and support this noble sporting event that also constitutes the perfect reason for a beautiful winter excursion – it takes place in the middle of January when we experience a few days of sunshine according to weather statistics! Kapodistrias Run has now become a symbol for Aegina, bringing people and liveliness to the island every year.
10 reasons why you should run with us next time:
- Because it is the perfect opportunity for a weekend in beautiful Aegina in half the price (Each runner and his companion get 50% discount on the ferry tickets)
- Because of the time period it takes place, when we get some spring days inside the winter
- Because the routes are magical, right by the sea, and the roads are closed exclusively for the runners and their friends
- Because the race is certified and the organization of the event is exceptional
- Because sports is life
- Because you can dare to try this winter swim that you always wanted to try
- Because after the run, the local food will for sure satisfy your appetite
- Because all runners run together like a team and you can make new friends and renew your appointment for the following year
- Because at the end of the run you get a medal and a bag of goodies
- Because you might take it seriously and start running more and more, faster, longer, anywhere
Many congratulations and a big thank you…
Many congratulations to all the runners, volunteers, sponsors and organizers of this annual event.
And a big thank you from the bottoms of weloveaegina’s big red heart and from the hearts of the people of weloveaegina. If it was not for the friends of Aegina and weloveaegina who supported us, for the perfect organization and for our beautiful inviting island, we would not have lived this unique experience…
Until next year, together, with love, always,
The team of weloveaegina*
*Proud communications sponsor