A cookie is a text-only string of information that a website transfers to the cookie file of the browser on your computer’s hard disk so that the website can remember who you are. A cookie will typically contain the name of the domain from which the cookie has come, the “lifetime” of the cookie, and a value, usually a randomly generated unique number. This helps us to provide you with a good experience when you browse our website and also allows us to improve our site and services.
- Where they are essential to make our site work
- To enable the personalization features on our site (which give you the ability to recall recently viewed pages and see information which you have input on line)
- To compile anonymous, aggregated statistics that allow us to understand how users use our site and to help us improve the structure of our site.
- First and third-party cookies: whether a cookie is ‘first’ or ‘third’ party refers to the domain placing the cookie. First-party cookies are those set by a Web site that is being visited by the user at the time (eg cookies placed by weloveaegina.gr).
- Third-party cookies are cookies that are set by a domain other than that of the Web site being visited by the user. If a user visits a Web site and another entity sets a cookie through that Web site, this would be a third-party cookie.
- Persistent cookies: these cookies remain on a user’s device for the period of time specified in the cookie. They are activated each time that the user visits the Web site that created that particular cookie.
- Session cookies: these cookies allow Web site operators to link the actions of a user during a browser session. A browser session starts when a user opens the browser window and finishes when they close the browser window. Session cookies are created temporarily. Once you close the browser, all session cookies are deleted.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies by modifying the settings in your browser. However, you may not be able to use all the interactive features of our site if cookies are disabled.
If you do not wish to accept cookies in connection with your use of this weloveaegina.com site, you must stop using our site.
Please note that internet browsers allow you to change your cookie settings. These settings are usually found in the ‘options’ or ‘preferences’ menu of your internet browser. In order to understand these settings, the following links may be helpful. Otherwise you should use the ‘Help’ option in your internet browser for more details.
- Cookie settings in Internet Explorer
- Cookie settings in Firefox
- Cookie settings in Chrome
- Cookie settings in Safari
If you wish to withdraw your consent at any time, you will need to delete your cookies using your internet browser settings.
For further information about deleting or blocking cookies, please visit: http://www.aboutcookies.org/Default.aspx?page=2.
To find out about specific cookies we use on this site, please see below.
The cookies used on our site are categorized as follows:
‘Performance’ cookies collect information about how you use our Web site – eg which pages you visit and if you experience any errors. These cookies do not collect any information that could identify you and are only used to help us improve how our Web site works, understand what interests our users and measure how effective our content is.
We use performance cookies to:
- Web analytics: Provide anonymous statistics on how our Web site is used
- Error management: Help us improve the Web site by measuring any errors that occur.
Some of our performance cookies are managed for us by third parties. However, we don’t allow the third party to use the cookies for any purpose other than those listed above.
By using our site, you accept the use of ‘Performance’ cookies. Accepting these cookies is a condition of using the Web site, so if you prevent them we cannot guarantee how our site will perform for you.
Third party cookies
If you want to opt out of Google Analytics, you can download and install the add-on for your web browser here.